Celebrity Homes Tour
Estimated Tour Duration
About This Tour
Why Take This Tour
Marilyn, Frank and the Rat Pack, Elvis, Luci & Desi, several U.S presidents and Elizabeth Taylor—even the stars of today like the Kardashians, Kirk Douglas, Catherine Zeta Jones and Leonardo DiCaprio: the stars and the rich love both visiting and living in Palm Springs.
Get to know why Palm Springs became such a popular celebrity playground, who had homes here and find out about the juicy celebrity gossip—and the truth about who trysted with whom.
- 12 stops
- Estimated Tour Duration: approximately 90 minutes – 120. minutes
- Explore some of the most famous celebrity homes including:
- Elvis’ lesser known abode (he had 2 homes here!) and how it fell on sad times,
- Leonardo DiCaprio’s legendary bachelor pad (and its previous celebrity owner) and
- the ‘flying saucer on the hill’ house once owned by Bob Hope (plus why the uber famous architect that designed the home refused to take credit for it after a dispute with the celebrity owners).
- Gaze at the homes of the stars and reflect on the architectural beauty of the city from up close
- Learn how these homes and buildings came to be so important—and why Palm Springs was almost contractually obligated to become a star-filled desert paradise
- Navigate iconic neighborhoods like Vista las Palmas, Old Las Palmas and Deepwell Estates, and you’ll see plenty of other amazing homes and architecture as you travel through these areas. Have your camera ready!
Health & Safety Standards
We take the health and safety of our guests and all Palm Springs residents seriously. We have set a series of standards that we hope you’ll welcome in the spirit of ensuring everybody is safe and comfortable and can courteously enjoy the lifestyle of the desert together.
Our tours happen in your own vehicle, so you are guaranteed to know the safety and cleanliness once you get inside, as well as the health of any friends or family you choose to invite along.
- Please wash your hands and/or use hand sanitizer before entering and after leaving any businesses
- Maintain physical distancing and keep 6 feet / 2 meters between yourself and other people.
- Be friendly and kind but please do not trespass or bother the homeowners.
- Be sure to drink plenty of water. Desert heat can sneak up on you. While fainting was cool back in old Hollywood, it’s not today, so stay safe!
- Guided driving tour
- Detailed directions to some of the most interesting architecture in Palm Springs
- Integrated Google maps to help you get around
- Enjoy clear voice narration from your guide
- Factual and fascinating information about mid-century architecture
- Original photographs of iconic buildings
About this Tour
You will need your own vehicle for this self-driving tour (car, van, or bicycle, unicycle, skateboard). This tour features an audio tour guide with interactive real-time mapping and directions that guide you from stop to stop, plus many photos of interiors and exteriors, so you’re fully able to appreciate Palm Springs modernism—at your own pace.
Alternate Tour recommendations
Are you already familiar with Palm Springs, or looking for a tour that takes you to places that are a bit less common? Consider our Modern Homes & Buildings – Architecture 101 Tour. This popular 90-minute self-guided multimedia tour encompasses plenty of famous iconic buildings and lots of hidden gems that capture the essence of desert modernism! We won’t hit on some of the more well known buildings on this tour; these are some of the lesser known, but architecturally important spots. If you want to see the best of the best of modernism in Palm Springs, Check out our new Top 10 Iconic Buildings Tour
All of our audio tours are self-guided, which means you can set the pace yourself. We invite you to pause the tour whenever you want to stop and take a look around at the beauty that surrounds you.