About the Celebrity Homes Tour
Frank and the Rat Pack, Elvis, several U.S presidents and Leonardo DiCaprio—the stars of today and yesteryear love both visiting and living in Palm Springs.
Get to know why Palm Springs became such a popular celebrity playground, by seeing the 10 best celebrity homes in the city. This is an ideal tour for those who want to see the biggest star’s homes in the shortest amount of time.
- 10 stops
- Estimated Tour Duration: approximately 90 minutes – 120 minutes
- Explore some of the most famous celebrity homes including:
- where Elvis Presley hung out
- Leonardo DiCaprio’s legendary bachelor pad (and its previous celebrity owner) and
- Frank Sinatra’s iconic pad
- Gaze at the homes of the stars and reflect on the architectural beauty of the city from up close
- Learn how these homes and buildings came to be so important—and why Palm Springs was almost contractually obligated to become a star-filled desert paradise
- Navigate iconic neighborhoods like Vista las Palmas, Old Las Palmas and Deepwell Estates, and you’ll see plenty of other amazing homes and architecture as you travel through these areas. Have your camera ready!
What to Know Before You Go
You will need your own vehicle for this self-driving tour (car, van, or bicycle, unicycle, skateboard). This tour features an audio tour guide with interactive real-time mapping and directions that guide you from stop to stop, plus many photos of interiors and exteriors, so you’re fully able to appreciate Palm Springs modernism—at your own pace.
In some cases you will see the home facades and outdoor spaces, in others, we will get you as close as possible to private, gated or other spaces. We are unable to grant access to gated communities, and some homes are off limits, but we want you to enjoy great spaces and great stories. Please note, some public spaces or hotel properties may close or restrict access without notice due to COVID-19.
This Tour Includes
- Guided driving tour
- Detailed directions to some of the most interesting architecture in Palm Springs
- Integrated Google maps to help you get around
- Enjoy clear voice narration from your guide
- Factual and fascinating information about mid-century architecture
- Original photographs of iconic buildings
- *We will get you as close as possible to private homes, gated areas or other spaces for the best views, however we are unable to grant access to gated communities or private property.
Health & Safety
We take the health and safety of our guests and all Palm Springs residents seriously. We have set a series of standards that we hope you’ll welcome in the spirit of ensuring everybody is safe and comfortable and can courteously enjoy the lifestyle of the desert together.
Our tours happen in your own vehicle, so you are guaranteed to know the safety and cleanliness once you get inside, as well as the health of any friends or family you choose to invite along.
- Please wash your hands and/or use hand sanitizer before entering and after leaving any businesses
- Maintain physical distancing and keep 6 feet / 2 meters between yourself and other people.
- Be friendly and kind but please do not trespass or bother the homeowners.
- Be sure to drink plenty of water. Desert heat can sneak up on you. While fainting was cool back in old Hollywood, it’s not today, so stay safe!