About the Celebrity Homes Tour
Marilyn, Frank and the Rat Pack, Elvis, Luci & Desi, several U.S presidents and Elizabeth Taylor—even the stars of today like the Kardashians, Kirk Douglas, Catherine Zeta Jones and Leonardo DiCaprio: the stars and the rich love both visiting and living in Palm Springs.
Get to know why Palm Springs became such a popular celebrity playground, who had homes here and find out about the juicy celebrity gossip—and the truth about who trysted with whom.
- 12 stops
- Estimated Tour Duration: approximately 90 minutes – 120. minutes
- Explore some of the most famous celebrity homes including:
- Elvis’ lesser known abode (he had 2 homes here!) and how it fell on sad times,
- Leonardo DiCaprio’s legendary bachelor pad (and its previous celebrity owner) and
- the ‘flying saucer on the hill’ house once owned by Bob Hope (plus why the uber famous architect that designed the home refused to take credit for it after a dispute with the celebrity owners).
- Gaze at the homes of the stars and reflect on the architectural beauty of the city from up close
- Learn how these homes and buildings came to be so important—and why Palm Springs was almost contractually obligated to become a star-filled desert paradise
- Navigate iconic neighborhoods like Vista las Palmas, Old Las Palmas and Deepwell Estates, and you’ll see plenty of other amazing homes and architecture as you travel through these areas. Have your camera ready!
What to Know Before You Go
You will need your own vehicle for this self-driving tour (car, van, or bicycle, unicycle, skateboard). This tour features an audio tour guide with interactive real-time mapping and directions that guide you from stop to stop, plus many photos of interiors and exteriors, so you’re fully able to appreciate Palm Springs modernism—at your own pace.
This Tour Includes
- Guided driving tour
- Detailed directions to some of the most interesting architecture in Palm Springs
- Integrated Google maps to help you get around
- Enjoy clear voice narration from your guide
- Factual and fascinating information about mid-century architecture
- Original photographs of iconic buildings
Health & Safety
We take the health and safety of our guests and all Palm Springs residents seriously. We have set a series of standards that we hope you’ll welcome in the spirit of ensuring everybody is safe and comfortable and can courteously enjoy the lifestyle of the desert together.
Our tours happen in your own vehicle, so you are guaranteed to know the safety and cleanliness once you get inside, as well as the health of any friends or family you choose to invite along.
- Please wash your hands and/or use hand sanitizer before entering and after leaving any businesses
- Maintain physical distancing and keep 6 feet / 2 meters between yourself and other people.
- Be friendly and kind but please do not trespass or bother the homeowners.
- Be sure to drink plenty of water. Desert heat can sneak up on you. While fainting was cool back in old Hollywood, it’s not today, so stay safe!