About the Celebrity Mega Tour
This is the biggest and best self-driving celebrity tour you will find in Palm Springs. It’s awesome because you can get out of your car, plus stop any time and take photos, which guided group tours don’t let you do.
You’ll see homes from Frank Sinatra, and members of the Rat Pack, plus Elvis, Leonardo DiCaprio, a U.S. president and a lot more. This tour has it all: the most popular and well known celebrity homes, plus some cool hidden gems. Get to know why Palm Springs became such a popular celebrity playground, who had homes here and find out about the juicy celebrity gossip—and the truth about who trysted with whom.
*** This tour contains homes you would also see on the “Celebrity Homes Tour”.
- 17 stops
- Estimated Tour Duration: approximately 90 minutes – 3 hours
- Explore some of the most famous celebrity homes including:
- Both of Elvis’ homes
- Leonardo DiCaprio’s legendary bachelor pad (and its previous celebrity owner) and
- the ‘flying saucer on the hill’ house once owned by Bob Hope (plus why the uber-famous architect that designed the home refused to take credit for it after a dispute with the celebrity owners).
- Gaze at the homes of the stars and reflect on the architectural beauty of the city from up close
- Learn how these homes and buildings came to be so important—and why Palm Springs was almost contractually obligated to become a star-filled desert paradise
- Navigate iconic neighborhoods like Vista las Palmas, Old Las Palmas and Deepwell Estates, and you’ll see plenty of other amazing homes and architecture as you travel through these areas. Have your camera ready!
What to Know Before You Go
You will need your own vehicle for this self-driving tour (car, van, or bicycle, unicycle, skateboard). This tour features an audio tour guide with interactive real-time mapping and directions that guide you from stop to stop, plus many photos of interiors and exteriors, so you’re fully able to appreciate Palm Springs modernism—at your own pace. You should also know how to use Google Maps on your smartphone and how to toggle or switch between that app and your phone’s web browser.
In some cases you will see the home facades and outdoor spaces, in others, we will get you as close as possible to private, gated or other spaces. We are unable to grant access to gated communities, and some homes are off limits, but we want you to enjoy great spaces and great stories. Please note, some public spaces or hotel properties may close or restrict access without notice due to local health restrictions.
This Tour Includes
- Guided driving tour
- Detailed directions to some of the most interesting architecture in Palm Springs
- Integrated Google maps to help you get around
- Enjoy clear voice narration from your knowledgeable local guide
- Factual and fascinating information about mid-century architecture
- Original photographs of iconic buildings
- *We will get you as close as possible to private homes, gated areas or other spaces for the best views, however we are unable to grant access to gated communities or private property. Opening hours of public buildings are subject to change.
Health & Safety
We take the health and safety of our guests and all Palm Springs residents seriously. We have set a series of standards that we hope you’ll welcome in the spirit of ensuring everybody is safe and comfortable and can courteously enjoy the lifestyle of the desert together.
Our tours happen in your own vehicle, so you are guaranteed to know the safety and cleanliness once you get inside, as well as the health of any friends or family you choose to invite along.
- Please wash your hands and/or use hand sanitizer before entering and after leaving any businesses
- Maintain physical distancing and keep 6 feet / 2 meters between yourself and other people.
- Be friendly and kind but please do not trespass or bother the homeowners.
- Be sure to drink plenty of water. Desert heat can sneak up on you. While fainting was cool back in old Hollywood, it’s not today, so stay safe!